The Double-Alpha PRIMAFILL is a semi-automatic primer-tube filling solution, able to quickly and easily fill both Small and Large primer tubes. It allows you to switch between Small and Large primers instantly, without tools or assembly.
The PRIMAFILL can be used with any primer tubes which have an 8mm outer diameter, such as Dillon, or DAA tubes. It does not require a custom adaptor piece fitted to the tube, as other competing products require. So using the PRIMAFILL, you will be able to fill all your primer tubes!
The Extra-Large flip-tray area is convenient when emptying large primer boxes, such as Federal and others. The tray is large enough for the entire box to fit over.
The PRIMAFILL is powered by a regular 9v battery (not included). A momentary ON switch falls naturally under your index finger as you hold the device for right hand use, with your thumb centered on top of the lid. Hold the button down as you feed the primers into the tube, and release as soon as the last primer vanishes down the exit hole. Since this action should take 20 seconds or less, one battery charge will last for many thousands of primers.
The spring-loaded orange latches incorporated into the output posts enable you to snap a tube into place, or remove it, instantly without any twists or turns, the latch falls naturally under your thumb: you press down on it as you insert the tube up, and you press up on the latch as you extract the tube downwards. An Easy and natural apposing thumb action.
Primer tubes and battery are not included!
- Ensure a 9v battery is inserted and test by pushing the powder button. The device should vibrate and hum gently in your hand. Do not remove the foam pad from under the battery, it is required there.
- Remove the lid, and position the magnetically-retained stopper to block either the LARGE or the SMALL exit hole to match your needs. Flip it over when moving it from one side to the other.
- Stand the PRIMAFILL on a flat table, and place 100 primers on the flip tray area.
- With the device resting on a smooth table top, slide it around with short, sharp motions to flip all the primers until they are all anvil side up.
- Replace the lid and insert a primer tube into the appropriate exit hole. Push down on the orange latch as you insert the pipe into place, and make sure it seats all the way home.
- Hold the device in you right hand, with your index finger on the button and your thumb centered on the lid. Tilt the PRIMAFILL so that the primers bunch-up near the BLOCKED exit hole (so by the LARGE when feeding SMALL primers)
- Activate the vibratory motor by pressing and holding the power button, then gradually tilt the device towards the open exit hole (to the right for SMALL primers) so that a single (or at most a double) row is formed towards the exit hole. Also tilt the device towards you to assist the primers in running down the exit channel to the exit hole. Do not tilt more than necessary in either axis. Try to keep the PRIMAFILL as horizontal as possible, while still creating sufficient motion in the primers.
- Various brands of primers will flip best with different types of agitation motion of the flip tray. Experiment to find the optimal flip tray action required to flip your primers.
- Various types of primers will slide differently, at different speeds. Some will require you to hold the device at a steeper angle to get them moving properly. Experiment a little to find the correct feeding angle best for your primers.
- If a primer hangs on the exit hole, a tap with your left hand finger on top of the lid above the hole should clear that up instantly. No need to stop the vibration of the device or remove the lid.
- If your primer tubes have an entry hole chamfer that is not well formed or not symmetrical, this can create a ledge that primers may hang up as they fall down into the tube. Try using the other end of your tube. Or, try rotating the tube to find the angle that allows the primers to flow uninterruptedly into the tube. You can mark that with a Sharpie on your tube, so you can easily position it again the same way.
- Primer Tubes are NOT included with the device, in order to reduce costs and packaging size. Order tubes separately, if you need them.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
Here To Help
Free UK Delivery - Orders Over £50
Free Returns - 60 Days
Same Day Dispatch - Order Before 4pm
What Reloading Kit Do I Need?
We get asked very often by people that are new to reloading, what equipment they require to start with.
The answer is very complex and needs to be answered in full either via a telephone conversation or via email, however the basic equipment is as follows:
Reloading Press (Single Stage, Turret, Progressive)
Die Set ( Neck Sizing Die Set, Full Length Sizing Die Set)
Case Trimmer (On Press Trimming, Lathe Type Trimmer, Power Trimming Kits)
Cleaning Equipment (Dry Vibratory Tumbler, Ultra Sonic Cleaner, Wet Rotary Tumbler)
Powder Measure (On Press, Stand Alone, Digital Powder System)
Scales (Manual Digital, Manual Balance Beam, Digital Powder System)
Priming Tool and Shell Holder (On Press, Off Press)
Reloading Manual / Hand Book
Powder Dribbler / Trickler
Lubrication (Aerosol, Apply By Hand)
Vernier Calipers (Manual, Digital)
Case Loading Trays / Blocks
Quinetic Hammer / Bullet Puller (Hand Held, On Press)
Brass, Bullet Heads, Primers, Powder
Do we deliver worldwide?
All products purchasable through the Reloading UK website can be dispatched worldwide to any non embargoed countries listed within the gov.uk listings however an end user statement may be required for export outside of the UK. Postage costs to your specific country will be shown upon checkout and is calculated on a weight basis from the items held within your shopping cart. Please note that Brass, Bullets, Powder, Primers and ammunition fall within the Hazardous Materials category when leaving the UK therefore higher postage costs may be quoted. End user statements and nescessary import documention will be requested by Reloading UK via email when required.
Our open export license covers the following countries. Any countries not listed will require an individual export license which may take upto 12 weeks to be granted before we can dispatch the order:
Continental Shelf Belgian Sector
Continental Shelf Danish Sector
Continental Shelf French Sector
Continental Shelf German Sector
Continental Shelf Irish Sector
Continental Shelf Italian Sector
Continental Shelf Netherlands Sector
Continental Shelf Norwegian Sector
Continental Shelf United Kingdom Sector
French Southern Territories
Ireland, Republic Of
Isle Of Man
New Caledonia & Dependencies
United States Minor Outlying Islands
United States Virgin Islands
Countries that we are not able to export to as per the government trade embargoe register are as follows:
Afghanistan (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Armenia (arms embargo, trade controls, and transit control)
Azerbaijan (arms embargo, trade controls, and transit control)
Belarus (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Burma (Myanmar) (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Central African Republic (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
China (People’s Republic other than the Special Administrative Regions) (arms embargo and transit control)
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Democratic Republic of the Congo (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (arms embargo and transit control)
Iran (relating to human rights) (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Iran (relating to nuclear weapons) (trade sanctions (including an arms embargo) and transit control)
Iraq (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Lebanon (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Libya (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Russia (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Somalia (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
South Sudan (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Sudan (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Syria (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Venezuela (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Yemen (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Zimbabwe (trade sanctions including an arms embargo, and transit control)
Is An Item In Stock?
If the item is in stock, a quantity available will be shown above the 'Buy Now' button. If an item is not in stock, an estimated in stock date will be shown above the 'Buy Now' button. The estimated in stock date is an average order time from when an order is placed and will change on a daily basis.
Can I Collect My Order?
We do not allow ordering of items or collection of items from our premises as we are a mail order only business.
How Much Will It Cost For Delivery?
All orders are free UK delivery if the order total is above £50.00 A carriage fee will be due if the order is below the free delivery threshold. This does not include Hazardous Materials (Powder, Primers and Ammunition).
Am I Able To Return My Item?
All returns for UK customers are free of charge. The details can be found here
When Will My Order Arrive?
All orders are dispatched the same day if ordered before 4pm. They should arrive the next day on Royal Mail Tracked 24 however Royal Mail do not guarantee this.
Will I Need To Sign For My Package?
We dispatch all orders using Royal Mail Tracked 24 or Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For so they are fully tracked and may require a signature.
How Can I Track My Order?
Once your order is dispatched, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email that includes a Royal Mail tracking number. You can track this number here
What Should I Do If My Parcel Is Lost Or Damaged?
If your parcel is lost or damaged, you must contact us immediately so that we can contact the carrier and arrange for replacement or refund. Please keep any damaged items including damaged packaging for reference.
How Does Your Price Match Guarantee Work?
We will match any UK website price that is not on a clearance offer. All you need to do is send us the link to the cheaper item. The item must be purchasable through the competitor website.
Can You Send Powders, Ammunition and Primers Straight To Me?
We can send powder direct to you however ammunition and primers are a licensable item so they must be sent to a Registered Firearms Dealer for you to collect. Because these items are hazardous materials, the postage cost is £20.00 regardless of quantity. Please ammend the delivery address to the RFD of your choosing.
What Powder Do I Need For This Calibre / Bullet?
We always recommend purchasing a reloading manual so that the data is consistant, accurate, and always to hand.
If you do not wish to do this, or your manual does not have the nescessary data for your needs, you can visit our Reloading Data Section for manufacturer advice.
Do You Offer A Military Discount?
We are proud to offer a military and emergency services discount of 5% to any member with valid ID. All we require is for you to be a member of the Defence Discount Service or Blue Light Discount where vouchers codes for a 5% discount will be provided within their websites.